Promoting Posts and Articles Rather Than a Blog
In last weeks post I discussed the ease at which some folks seem to hit the first page of the websites with their blogs, but in today’s excerpt I’m going to put out specific strategies for promoting your articles and blog posts that I have used over the last few years that have worked and still work for me.
Many want to know what the exact difference between a blog post and an article really is. At first glance, one may think that a blog post and an article are exactly the same, but a blog post doesn’t necessarily have to be an article.
On a blog you can post a video, an article, an audio or place images and these are all considered a “post.”
An article on the other hand, CAN be placed on a blog in the form of a post, but most often you will see an article located online in an article directory like ezinearticles.com or articlesnatch.com for example.
What’s Better, A Blog Post or An Article
I’ve marketed my blogs, products and business opportunities using many different methods and to be honest I can’t say that a post or an article is so terrifically better than the other… if each are promoted properly!
This statement is important because at different points of your marketing efforts there are times when one method of marketing may seem to outperform the other method only to have the other overcome the former later on down the road. You may find one method working well for one particular medium and another working for the next.
The best thing is to test, test, test.
You will also want to make sure that you have some sort of analytical tracking tools to find out what is working better for what and then adjust your promotion methods accordingly.
To be honest, I have created large amounts of traffic from writing articles (still my favorite method of marketing), but I have also created a lot of traffic by doing nothing more than writing blog posts. What’s better is doing what works for YOU!
Methods for Promoting Your Information
There are some simple strategies that use when I am promoting articles and blog posts.
The methods I use for promoting posts and articles are:
- Consistency – Be consistent with your writing and your posting
- Post links on social media sites – Make sure you post to your facebook groups, twitter and other social sites. Use hootsuite, linksalpha or some other one-click service to get your info out there. Do not forget Google+
- Post in forums – Post links to your articles or blog posts on the forums within your niche.
- Email marketing – If you have built any sort of a list then send out links to those on your list.
- Videos – Develop videos and post them on YouTube and other video hosting sites with links back to the post or article
- Power point presentations – create power point presentations and then post them to slideshare
- Squidoo – I still like squidoo and I still think that the high page rank is worth the effort, so start building those lenses now.
Never Stop Learning
There are tons of strategies for promoting your articles and blog posts and many bloggers out there that are using a variety of promotional methods and techniques. What you need to do is find out what it is that works for you.
Don’t ever stop seeking out those that have more experience than you and never stop learning something new.
There are tons of reasons why I love promoting articles and blog posts – and I pretty much promote these the same way.