If you are not using YouTube to drive traffic to your site, you are missing “the boat.” More and more people are coming online to find information and/or to start an online business making video more popular than ever and with much more competition that ever before, learning how to promote your YouTube channel could be something that will increase the size of your wallet.
First, what is a YouTube channel?
Just about everyone on the planet that does anything regarding the Internet has heard of YouTube. A YouTube channel is nothing more than where you post your YouTube videos within your account. What is unique about the YouTube channel is that it is something that can be promoted by a variety of methods. You can look at your YouTube channel as just another website that you have out there that you can use to promote yourself, your products and your opportunities.
While there are many different types of marketing strategies that I use, video marketing is becoming one of my favorites and YouTube is obviously the leader of video hosting on the Internet and since it is a Google property, it’s probably a good idea to get something going with YouTube if you have not already done so.
With that said, let’s cover 10 methods covering how to promote your YouTube channel
- Keyword Research – Are you serious? Keyword research? What does that have to do with promotion? If you are asking that question then I can tell you one thing for sure and that is that you don’t know the first thing about promoting ANYTHING online. While keyword research is not a direct form of promotion and marketing, it is the very first thing you should do when developing a video in the first place. You must know IF there is a market for your opportunities and/or products and you must know where your market resides. Keyword research tells us these things and more. Before you start producing any videos at all, make sure that your research is complete.
- Search Engine Optimiztion (SEO) – Yep, here I go again, SEO is another non-direct sort of “marketing.” No, it’s not really marketing at all, but what I am trying to get across to you is that by making sure that all of your t’s are crossed and your i’s are dotted that you will have a much easier time in promoting your videos. Areas of interest in terms of good SEO are: Title, meta description and your meta tags. Make sure that this information is optimized for the keyword or key phrase you are attempting to rank for.
- Cross Promotion – Promote you videos with other videos and even with videos that you upload on other video hosting sites. There may be some people that, for whatever reason, find better results with other video hosting services and they can find your information there. Remember, you are always looking for folks that are interested in your niche and it doesn’t really matter where you find them, does it?
- Post on Your Blog – Post videos from your YouTube channel on your blog and if you don’t have a blog yet, go get one you dimwit! You can also post links back to your YouTube channel in your regular blog posts or you can even create a banner to put into your sidebar.
- Post in Niche Forums – I don’t know why people don’t do it that much, but posting the URL to your YouTube channel or a link to your latest video in a niche forum still works very well. If you are interested in a particular business opportunity or income generation method, posting in a forum where other people that are interested in your niche visit seems like a simple common sense move. What are you waiting for?
- Post Links in Articles – I love article marketing, simple as that. I get a LOT of visitors from my articles and because of that, I can send people over to my YouTube channel by placing a link to the channel in the “author’s resource box.” Most directories will allow you to post 2 links, generally one will go to my YouTube channel or a video and the other link will go back to a blog or capture page, depending on what I am promoting in the article.
- Emails – Most email accounts allow you to develop and create a signature file, make sure that you are placing your YouTube channel’s URL at the bottom of your emails. Remember that you need to be promoting yourself and your products constantly.
- Comments – Although everyone does not allow it, some folks will let you post a URL when commenting on a topic, this is a good place to put your YouTube channel out there.
- Offline – Business cards, vehicle advertising, business stationary, etc. it doesn’t matter what it is make sure that you are placing your YouTube channel’s URL in these locations as well. A lot of times people will go by “just to check it out” because they are curious about the site on a card or business envelope…don’t you do it?
- Social Media – Get busy promoting your videos and YouTube channel URL with your twitter, facebook and google+ accounts. I probably get some of my highest traffic numbers from promoting my videos on these sites as well as obtaining the backlinks from these sites which Google highly favors! All of those “likes” and “shares” from these accounts are becoming more and more crucial as you compete with other marketers out there for the same keyword driven space in the search engine results pages.
Use the above strategies to promote your videos and channels and soon you will start seeing your videos out there at the top of the search engine results and pretty soon you will be asked those questions about how to promote your YouTube channel as well.