On the Lookout for Blogging Tips for Generating Traffic and Building an Audience
I scour the Internet quite a bit and read many different bloggers and online marketers and I am always interested in blogging tips for traffic and long-term audience development because…
…well…because I want to develop traffic and a long-term audience. Duh.
So how do we do this?
The following list will get you off to a great start.
10 Blogging Tips for Generating Traffic and Creating a Long-term Audience:
- Post links to blog posts in niche forums
- Write articles on high credibility/authority article directories with links back to your blog
- Sign up to facebook groups and post links to your blog articles/posts
- Post links on other social media sites
- Create web 2.0 sites with links back to your blog
- SEO – make sure your posts are optimized for the search engines
- Comment on relevant blogs
- Create content relevant to your niche
- BE CONSISTENT
- Create good content that provides value (a lot of value)
There area few other methods and techniques that I would incorporate, but the list above will be an excellent place to start and will provide a strong foundation for your blog to reach a lot of people within your niche and will help you become a recognized figure within your niche community.
Notice that in the above list #9 is in all caps and that is because consistency in your posting is extremely important. Not only will your consistent posting produce results with the search engines, but it will also give your readers a “schedule” of sorts, they will know that they can return every few days and find more information they can use posted on your blog.
Here’s an MP3 file that you can download that will go over just a few methods for generating a lot of traffic to your blog and developing a large, long-term audience that will (hopefully!) join you in business, buy something from you or subscribe to something you have!